Now in it’s last installment for the month of June, “What’s This?” has become the most popular subject for the blog. Gary correctly guessed that last week’s What’s This was a shower head, so props, kudos, and congrats to Gary! Let’s see if someone else can mount a challenge this week. Here we go (and no more hints)…this week’s What’s This is:
Good luck to everyone! If the fun continues, I may be able to start offering prizes too (depends on whether any vendor would be interested in sponsoring the “What’s This Weekly”…so, Canon, Adobe, USRobotics, Apple, Microsoft, Joe’s Tire Shop…anyone interested? 🙂
Just kidding – this is all just for fun, so there’s not any prizes, just bragging rights, and hopefully a way to provide creative spark and motivation to look at things differently! 🙂
In the web news this week, just a couple things that may be of interest:
- ProPhotoLife has another video out on studio product lighting – 10 minutes well spent!
- TWIP does a video podcast on lighting a model in studio – also about 10 minutes…
- Digital Photography School has a 6-tip session on reducing camera shake – about a 3 minute read if you include the comments
- Tim’s Digital Darkroom via a connection over at Hyperphocal has some very cool shots of a light bulb shattering (scroll down)…1-2 minutes depending on what else you may find of interest
- Naturally, Hyperphocal gets a nod too, not only because of the great articles they have there, but also because I have the “Cleaning your Gear” posted as an article there from yesterday – stop over and read their other articles – the one for today on Inkjets versus Dye Sub printers was very educational for me!
Altogether, about 30 minutes of stuff, so if you have half an hour to spare – take some time and visit these resources as they all have some really good content. In the meantime, feel free to share other links to resources in the comments (as well as guess at this week’s edition of What’s This”). Happy shooting, watch those apertures, and we’ll see you back here on Thursday!