It’s been a busy couple of days here in Colorado, so in the interests of making sure I keep you all riveted to your seats in rapt attention – here’s the nuts and bolts of what’s going on!
1. I am moving hosting companies! The timeouts here on the website have gotten pretty bad, and I hear you all loud and clear. To those ends, the confidence in my current provider has waned pretty substantially to the point where I am laying the groundwork to leave for a VPS solution that can accommodate my budget. So, the blogging may be spotty for the next couple days while I prep the behind-the-scenes stuff.
2. I’m updating the photography website. Yup, aside from the blog (which generates the greater of the traffic), I am also giving my photography website a serious makeover. Truth be told, I’ve never really given it the attention it deserves, since most of my work has been through word-of-mouth, and not through my online presence (do as I say, not as I do! 🙂 )
3. And last but not least, I am updating my portfolio. We all have our favorite designed and layouts, so will be tinkering with a few to present on both the blog and the other domain. But, since you all like pictures the best (at least Google Anayltics tells me that’s the case), here’s some selects from the latest upgrade to the portfolio:
And since any portfolio also needs a gallery to really give it the full semblence of appeal, here’s the entire collection assembled. Ideas, thoughts, comments, suggestions and critiques, are always welcome!
Before I go, just two quick reminders for you today too:
1. The Live Learning Lab Webinar is coming up this Wednesday – where Kerry Garrison and I will be tackling the topic of “Mastering Exposure”. All about the essentials of getting your exposure spot on each and every time. Tag a reminder to join us now, and we’ll see you Wednesday! http://tinyurl.com/6aexmnm
2. Nations Photo Lab is also in the final two weeks of their scorching hot Sizzling Summer Super Size Sal (say that 10x fast)! Get 50% off all enlargements up to 16×20. And if you don’t have an account, open one and use promo code “Jason” to get $50 free in prints when you sign up! Can’t beat that pricing, eh? 🙂
3. We’re also in the final two weeks of the monthly Flickr Contest – submit your own photo to win a free StreetWalker Pro bag courtesy of yours truly and Think Tank Photo! Click the link in the upper right corner of the blog to submit your best “Street” themed photo before it’s too late!