Okay, I know this was supposed to happen earlier this week, but to be honest and finally let the cat out of the bag – I’ve been out of town all week! Yup, I was on a little vacation to the tropics for a little R&R. If all goes well, my flight will be in today, and we’ll be back in time for me to make an announcement on Monday with the April contest winner. That being said though, I didn’t want to delay the May contest news because this month is another doozy of a prize!
This month the folks at Hoodman have stepped up to contribute one of their patented Loupes to the giveaway series. I know, I am overdue on several product reviews, including the Backlitbox from last month, and now this Hoodman Loupe, as well as some RadioPoppers that are currently being tested for another review prior to the giveaway! Since the Hoodman Loupe is next on the agenda, they get the honor of the May giveaway! Here’s the rules:
1. One photo per participant
2. A new wrinkle – the winner must be able to receive the prize at a U.S. address. With the blog and pocast having an international following, I typically have the vendors ship the prizes direct, but because I have to ship it this time, in order to keep costs down – a U.S. address is required.
3. Photo must be work-safe/family friendly.
4. The longest side (either the top/bottom or the left/right) must be no larger than 800px or smaller than 600px.
5. The photo must be included in the Flickr thread (which I will post up on Monday) with the May 2011 title.
6. The Flickr photo must be downloadable – we share the winning photo via announcement here on the blog and in newsletters – so I need to get it to do that!
7. Since the prize for the contest is a Hoodman Loupe – the theme for photos is: BLOCK (The Loupe blocks stray light…get it? 🙂 You can interpret any way you like, so get creative as that always makes it interesting.
8. Have fun! Remember photography is supposed to be fun so keep that in mind as you approach the May giveaway.
9. Reminder Guidelines and Rules of Engagement links are here for easy reference. (I’ll also update the link to the contest page on Monday too).
10. If you don’t follow me on Twitter, do so here, then tweet the following: “I just posted my photo in the #CanonBlogger Hoodman Giveaway! http://tinyurl.com/3jlw78x”
Thanks to the generous folks over at Hoodman for their contribution! Happy shooting and we’ll see you back here on Monday!