While the rest of the world thinks of this as Thursday, here in the USA today is called “Thanksgiving”, and it’s a day where Americans far and wide take some time to stop and take a moment of pause to consider everything they are thankful for. While most bloggers in the U.S. are taking the day off, I am actually bucking that trend with a few brief thoughts, specifically of what I am thankful for:
- My health – I know it sounds corny, but when you consider how many people are fighting off diseases and life-threatening circumstances, I am very lucky to be in fairly good health. Granted I am a little over-weight, and a little under-exercised, but for the most part, am feeling in pretty good health considering.
- My wife – For those of you that read the blog regularly, you know that Tracy is my ever-supportive wife, who not only tolerates my obsession with photography and technology, but also encourages me to do things better, who constantly says she is proud of me, and will always be there for me when I need her most. She is literally the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am a lucky guy to have her.
- My Freedom – I rarely get political on the blog, but we Americans take so much for granted when it comes to freedom. We have freedom of speech, expression, the right to bear arms, the right to vote, and so much more that others across the world only dream of. That freedom came at a price – and that is the lives of many of our servicemen and women. So, I also would like to tangentially give some thanks to our troops both domestically and abroad.
- My Family – Again, it sounds corny, but there are so many homeless folks, orphans, and people who live alone in the world – to have the benefits of having a family (even when they drive you bonkers) is to have it all.
- The viewers and readers – That’s right – without the readers, listeners, and friends I’ve made through all of this time online, this blog would be just another voice in the wind of the internet. It’s the encouragement and participation from readers and listeners of the blog and podcast that has often kept me motivated to keep on going, and the success the blog and podcast have seen is due mostly to the inspiration, encouragement, and feedback I’ve received from each and every listener out there.
What are you thankful for?