First it’s the teeth, then it’s the toes – anyway, another weekend of hopefully getting out and shooting for a change of pace (I really do prefer to be out taking pictures, rather than in PS or LR editing them, or even be inside on a computer, but being in the IT industry as a profession, well, that’s the fallout…anyway I digress). As it is, I am stuck inside again, so after a day of actually walking around on my feet, I am trying to post with one leg sticking out to the side (left) and leaning back to write. Needless to say, it’ll be a short post. As a kind of wrap-up of the various projects I have in the works, here’s a week in review:
- Work is almost finished on the web gallery articles. I have one more video tutorial to record on JAlbum, and two articles to share with the readership.
- My magazine cutting frenzy continues as I shred through stacks of almost two years of photo magazines. The binder is getting thicker and the magazine stack is getting smaller!
- I’ve launched a beta for a new idea on a sub-domain for Canon Blogger, The Online Photograph Test (or TOP Test), which has already seen a few corrections and improvements, so thanks to those that wrote in and emailed…keep ’em comin’!
In other news around the photo world:
- Adobe launched their new “TV” service…it’s really a flash-based online multimedia portal to all types of content, naturally with much of it focusing on Adobe products. Seems like a cool enough idea, and probably intended to compete with YouTube, but on with a more professional and polished approach. We’ll see if it catches on – my guess is yes with the poster boys talking it up all over the web.
- Adobe makes the weekly news twice as they re-released Camera Raw 4.4 that were previously pulled.pulled, have since been re-released by Adobe. This link is for the Windows version of CS3, LR and Mac versions are also available from the download site – just use Google as needed to find the version you are looking for.
- In case you missed it earlier this week, Donny did his last episode (my guess is “of the season” in another hysterical segment of You Suck at Photoshop -careful with kids around…’nuff said. Well, it ‘s been followed up by a “honorarium” of sorts where you can vote for the DIY’er in both Photoshop and comedy categories. Kinda funny, but not the same as Donny – so go watcfh, then vote to bring Donny out of hiding!
- What The Duck makes it’s Friday appearance below, which means my leg is getting numb and the hour is getting late, so it’s time to bid a hasty adieu! Good night, have a great weekend, happy shooting, and watch those apertures!